A US resident claimed that his three-week-old iPhone XS Max which was kept in his back pocket burst into flames and exploded, causing a significant burn on his skin. The incident happened on December 12 but was only made public after Hillard’s efforts to get a solution from Apple representatives didn’t gain momentum.
In a shocking turn of events, an iPhone XS Max user reported that his device exploded and went up in flames while inside the back pocket of his pants, causing some damage to the body. the news comes just a month after a 10-month old iPhone X overheated during the process of updating the device to iOS 12.1 soon after which it exploded and caught fire.
A US resident who goes by the name of Josh Hillard claimed that his three-week-old iPhone XS Max which was kept in his back pocket burst into flames and exploded, causing a significant burn on his skin. The incident happened in Ohio on December 12 but was only made public after Hillard’s efforts to get a solution from Apple representatives didn’t gain momentum.
Hillard explained the incident saying that his newly bought iPhone XS Max device was inside the rear pocket of his trousers. At lunch break, the user felt a “large amount of heat” around his rear and a burning sensation on his skin soon after which green and yellow coloured smoke began fuming from the phone. Hellard said he had to quickly exit the break room since he could not take his pants off due to the fact that there was a female co-worker at the time.
As he ran off to the boardroom the explosion has turned to a full-blown fire. Fortunately for him, the fire was quickly extinguished with no major damage to the body. However, the user fears that in the midst of rushing into another room and removing his clothes, he might have inhaled a significant amount of smoke from the explosion.
While Apple was generous in offering a new iPhone to replace the exploded piece of hardware, Hillard feels that it’s not the right remedy in such situations. The user is reported to be contemplating legal action for the trauma he suffered because of the explosion and its aftermath which involved him being referred to several customer care specialists before getting a new iPhone.
In the midst of a terrible stint since its launch and bad reception, the new line of iPhones including the iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max have been mocked for several issues including widespread cellular cut-off, charging problems and other unresolved issues.
While this is the first time we’re hearing about an explosion to be reported about the latest iPhone XS Max, we did report a 10-month old iPhone X getting overheated and exploding last month. Recently, a Mi A1 from Xiaomi was reported to have exploded while on charge overnight. Before that, a Galaxy Note 9 from earlier this year, was caught burning inside a lady's purse. Apple has had its own share of exploding phone and so have Nokia, OnePlus and Reliance Jio.
You might like this