Biting a battery is definitely not a way to test its authenticity. Well, a man at an electronic store in China tried the same trick to know whether it is fake or not, and the battery exploded on his face.
According to the Taiwan News, the person has taken his iPhone for a battery replacement asApple recently offered to replace the batteries of its iPhones for a discount afterit came to light that its update was slowing down the phones due to battery issues. To check the battery authenticity the man placed the battery in his mouth and took a bite, apparently the moment he wounded the battery, it exploded on his face.
The incident took place on Friday, January 19, which was caught on the CCTV of the store and was later posted to maiopai.com which has nearly five million views. It is worth noting that the Li-ion batteries can be explosive in nature when the outer shell is punctured, which happened in this case, as he damaged it with his teeth.
There are other cases as when smartphones were exploded while charging or using. To recall, last month an Apple iPhone 6 smartphone mysteriously caught fire at a grocery store in Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn.
You Might Also Like
The user was just texting one of his friends when his iPhone 6 started to imitate some smoke from the sides of the device. Later, when he pulled out the case of the phone to see the back, the smartphone exploded.
And before that, last, in October, a Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone caught fire in a Jet Airways flight travelling from New Delhi to Indore. The device belongs to one of the passengers and around 15 minutes into the flight, owner of the smartphone noticed the smoke, which was later submerged in water to kill the fire