After rolling out Open Beta 2 to its latest OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones, OnePlus has now started rolling out a stable version of Android 10 update to both the smartphones. The announcement comes before the launch of OnePlus 7T smartphone in India on September 26, which will run OxygenOS 10.0 out of the box.
OnePlus has now announced the stable roll out to OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro on OnePlus forums. OnePlus Global Products Operations Manager Manu J has also confirmed the Android 10 update for both the smartphones.
This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.
Here is the Complete changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Meanwhile, the upcoming OnePlus 7T is said to feature a 6.55-inch Fluid AMOLED FullHD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate, 2400×1080 pixels resolution, HDR10+ support and 402 ppi pixel density. It will be powered by a 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset coupled with an Adreno 640 GPU and 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of storage.