The company has rolled out the latest update in Australia and New Zealand.
Lenovo-owned Motorola has started rolling out the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update to its range of smartphones. The company has rolled out the latest update in Australia and New Zealand.
The list of smartphones (via) that will be receiving the latest updates include Moto X4, Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z2, Moto G5S Plus, Moto G5S, Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5 and Moto G4 Plus. The latest update brings a host of new improvements and features along with some some bug fixes. Interestingly, Motorola previously announced that it will not update the Moto G4 Plus to Oreo, but it seems that the company has changed its mind and the older device will now be updated to the latest version.
Here is the changelog of the Android 8.0 Oreo update:
- Autofill your logins to favorite apps
- Faster speeds, longer battery life and smart text selection
- Picture-in-picture gives you a floating window letting you do more at the same time
- Notification dots on your apps to alert you of something new
- Google Play protect to keep you safe from malicious apps
- Further improved battery life*
- New Emojis – One can express themselves in very many new ways through a fully redesigned Emoji set which includes over 60 new Emoji.
The following are update is only meant for the Moto X4:
- Camera improvements: improved performance and capture speed for photos with depth information
- Android security: includes the updates of Android security patches until 1 December 2017
- System storage: reduction of storage used by system files by up to 2GB
- Stability** improvements: includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
The Android 8.0 version was unveiled last year. Among its prominent features include dual tasks mode, notification dots for easier preview, autofill framework to remember passwords and lot more.
You might like this