Months after launching the Verge in India for Rs 11,999, Amazfit has started rolling out an update to the Amazfit Verge, enabling Amazon Alexa voice assistant right within the smartwatch.
The new Alexa built-in capabilities allow users to speak into the Verge to hear a flash briefing, weather forecast, sports updates, calendar reminders, and more directly on the wrist. The company also announced that iOS users can make and receive phone calls on the Verge.
With Alexa support, Amazfit Verge users can now speak into the watch to ask Alexa for
1. Flash Briefing – Set up and add favourite topics to personalize your daily news and content “Flash Briefing”
2. Sports Update – Set up favourite sports leagues (NBA/NFL) and ask the watch for the latest scores
3. Calendar – Link with Google, Microsoft, Apple, Exchange calendars. Users can ask Alexa on their Verge smartwatch what’s on their calendar for the day
4. Alarm – Set a reminder or wake-up alarm
5. To-do list – Manage your schedule and to-do list
6. Q&A – With Alexa built-in get answers to common questions throughout the day
7. Translation – Get translation help in more than 50 languages, including Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese and more.
Speaking about their latest announcement, Huami Marketing Director, Elaine Huo said “Amazon Alexa has become such a natural part of our daily routines in the home and we want to give customers the ability to take it with them – with Alexa on the Amazfit verge, users can ask Alexa to set a timer, remind us to pick up avocados at the grocery store and more. Like Alexa, we believe the Amazfit Verge is non-intrusive but indispensable, making this a natural integration. As a company, we are obsessed with finding the perfect balance between form and functionality — style and customization, plus continuity and ease of use to make busy days smoother and more productive”.
To recall, the Verge smartwatch features a 1.3-inch circular AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels and a Gorilla Glass 3 on topper protection. It’s powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with 512MB RAM and 4GB of internal storage. There is the usual bunch of sensor along with air pressure and geomagnetic sensors inside. The Amazfit Verge can run all-day heartrate monitoring with a high precision optical sensor that takes up 80 percent less power and is accurate to up to 98 percent.
There are 11 different modes for activities and 13 built-in watch faces and the watch has a battery life of up to 5 days on a single charge. For connectivity, the Verge sports GPS + GLONASS, WiFi and Bluetooth v4.0 LE. The watch is certified with IP68 water resistance meaning it can survive underwater at within 2 metres for 30 minutes. The Amazfit device comes enabled with NFC and can thus support contactless payment.
The Amazfit Verge is available in Twilight Blue, Moonlight White and Sky Grey colours and can be purchased on Amazon India for a price of Rs 11,999.