After rolling out a stable MIUI 10 update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, the company has now rolled out the stable MIUI 10 update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. The over the air update will bring the September security patch for the Redmi Note 5 with new improvements and the UI changes.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5was launched in India earlier this year at a starting price of Rs 9,999 for the 3GB RAM+32GB storage model and Rs 11,999 for 4GB RAM+64GB storage variant.
MIUI version 10.0.2.0 is being received by Redmi Note 5 users through an OTA update. You can check the availability of MIUI 10 Global Stable update on your Redmi Note 5 by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for updates. Alternatively, you can flash the latest MIUI 10 update through a Recovery ROM or fastboot ROM.
The update brings new features like improved multitasking management, redesigned notification panel, natural sound system, new volume sliders, full-screen gestures, all-new UI customised for Full-Screen devices and updated system apps.
Check the full changelog below:
Designed for full screen experience
- All-new full-screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they’re faster, smarter, and more convenient
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage
Natural sound system
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important
Other improvements and optimizations
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel
- Other system apps (including Clock and Note) got a major revamp too.