Uber has today launched its food delivery service – UberEATS service in Delhi, NCR starting with Gurugram. The service is available for over 300 restaurants, consumers can now order their favourite food at the tap of a button. For the region, Faiz Abdulla has been appointed as the General Manager for UberEATS in Delhi-NCR.
UberEATS will give local restaurants in Delhi, NCR a reliable delivery option, effectively expanding their capacity and reach to be able to service a whole new network of potential customers. In addition to that, hundreds of delivery partners in the region will now also have access to more flexible earning opportunities.
“Delhi, well known for its love for North Indian and international cuisines, has a vibrant food culture, and UberEATS will offer Delhiites an effortless way to order food. We are excited about going live in Gurugram today and aim to expand the service area to New Delhi and other parts of the National Capital Region soon,” said Faiz Abdulla, General Manager for UberEATS Delhi.
The UberEATS app is separate from the Uber app people use to request a ride and has been built specifically to make food delivery easy. Users can download the new app for iOS and Android from the iTunes/Google play store or directly go online at ubereats.com, starting today.
Bhavik Rathod, Head of UberEATS India, commented on the launch “UberEATS has received an overwhelming response from Mumbaikars and we recently expanded operations to serve the entire city. As a step further in our global expansion strategy, we aim to open up the diverse range of culinary experiences and cuisines to Delhiites at the push of a button. Our goal is to offer people what they want to eat, when they want to eat, in the quickest time possible. The ease and reliability of Uber’s technology is making this a reality.”
How to Use UberEATS
1. Download the app
2. Pick delivery location – Input your address where you’d like your meal delivered
3. Find the perfect meal – Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
4. Place your order – Pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to the arrive whenever is most convenient for you
5. Pay through PayTM – Our launch partners PayTM will make it easy for you to pay for your meals
6. Track the progress of the delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and watch in real-time as the meals is delivered to your destination