By: Nirupam Manik, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi
Last updated : January 09, 2017 11:33 am
The update brings in a bunch of fixes with possible workarounds for PlayStore download issue.
Following OxygenOS 4.0 with Android 7.0 Nougat update, OnePlus has now rolled out OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA which brings in some minor fixes along with possible solutions for the PlayStore download problem. The PlayStore issue, as the name suggests, is an issue wherein various OnePlus 3 and 3T users are not able to download apps from the Google PlayStore.
Keeping that aside, the update also brings in improvements in shelf customization, updates APN settings for select carriers, fixes proximity sensor bug during calls and increases system stability. For those who haven't received the OxygenOS 4.0 update are likely to get Oxygen OS 4.0.1 straight away. For others, it will a regular OTA update.
Here is the detailed changelog for the OxygenOS 4.0.1 as posted by Tony L. on OnePlus forums.
1. Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat: New Notifications Design, New Settings Menu Design, Multi-Window View, Notification Direct Reply, Custom DPI Support
2. Added Status Bar Icon Options
3. Improved Shelf Customization
4. Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
5. Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
6. Increased System Stability
Also for those who are not able to get away with the PlayStore download issue, Tony also posted some possible workarounds of which one is by following Google's troubleshooting method. Apart from that, Tony added that users are expected to keep facing the issue if trying to download apps on data roaming.
Other workarounds include:-
1. Try turning on Battery Saving Mode and reset Play Store app preferences
2. If you have these 3 apps installed: Truecaller, AVG Antivirus and PayTm, please try to force stop or uninstall them before performing the download from Play Store.
3. Moving on to the mobile data issue caused by APN, the company suggests that to go on the settings page and manually choose all the options. If that doesn't solve your issue, you can send a 'Personal Message' to Tony to get further guidance. Same can be done for the Wi-Fi fluctuating issue.
As always, the update is rolled out on an incremental basis and will take some time to reach each and every user. Till then, check out the top features of Android Nougat running on OnePlus 3 and 3T.
OnePlus 5 doesn't let you to dial the emergency number!
OnePlus 3T 64GB now Rs 2,000 cheaper but for a limited time
OnePlus 5 DxOMark score is here and it's disappointing
Not completely forgotten. OxygenOs 3.5.9 for the OnePlus 2 Users
Top 5 problems you should know about OnePlus 5 before buying it!
OnePlus 5 units are manufactured by Oppo Mobiles