LG has announced a new rugged smartphone, the X-Venture, its second X-line smartphone for 2017. LG X venture goes lives starting today in North America and will be available in parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America in the weeks to come.
The device boasts some interesting features including a metal frame coupled with non-slip back cover. The device sports IP68 certification making it water and dust resistance and has passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G tests designed for the U.S. military.
The smartphone also boasts a QuickButton on the side and three physical keys on the front, which allow users to interact with the phone while wearing gloves. The QuickButton works differently on different kind of presses: a short press will open Outdoor Essentials, long press for settings and double press to toggle Glove Mode to recognise screen taps and swipes through gloved fingers. Further, the button can be also customised to launch one’s favourite apps as well.
Coming to the Outdoor Essentials, it is basically a multi-purpose application which can be used to use barometer, compass, activity counter (steps/calories/distance), exercise tracker, weather reporter and flashlight.
Key Specifications of LG X Venture:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 435 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch FHD In-Cell Touch (1080 x 1920 / 423ppi)
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM / 32GB eMMC ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Front 5MP Wide Angle / Rear 16MP Standard Angle
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 154.0 x 75.8 x 9.29mm
- Weight: 166.5g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-B 2.0
- Color: Black / Brown
- Other: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 2.0 / QuickButton / Outdoor Essentials / FM Radio / GPS / Accelerometer / Digital Compass / Gyroscope / Barometer
The smartphone boasts a 4100mAh battery coupled with Quick Charge 2.0, which the company claims can deliver up to 24 hours of backup and the device charges from empty to 50 percent in only 48 minutes. The phone will be available in Black and Brown colour variants.