HomeNewsG'5 mobile to launch 3G handset for Rs 3000

G’5 mobile to launch 3G handset for Rs 3000

Victor Infotech today said it has tied up with a Hong Kong-based Kingtech Telecom to float a joint venture -- Asian Telecom -- that will launch G'5 brand of mobiles in the Indian market.

Victor Infotech has tied up with a Hong Kong-based Kingtech Telecom to float a joint venture, Asian Telecom,that has launched five G’5 brand of mobiles in the Indian market and will also launch 3 G hansets within a month.
Akash Bansal, managing director, Victor Infotech said, ” We will launch 3G handset in India by December and it will be priced at around Rs 3000.”
Talking about the joint venture Akash said, “Kingtech Telecom would hold the majority (51 per cent) stake, while the remaining 49 per cent would be held by Victor Infotech and as part of the collaboration, Kingtech Telecom would manufacture the mobile phone and Victor Infotech would be responsible for distribution and marketing of the phone in the country.
He added, “Initially, Kingtech Telecom would manufacture the Indian specific mobile phones in Hong Kong and gradually when the ecosystem develops in India the same shall be manufactured here.”
Victor Infotech plans to take advantage of the Indian mobile phone industry which is expected to grow five-times in the next two years. ASt present, it has mobile handset priced between Rs 800 to Rs 3,000 in its portfolio.

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News