HomeNewsAndroid Nougat adoption surges to 2.8 per cent, Lollipop maintains its dominance

Android Nougat adoption surges to 2.8 per cent, Lollipop maintains its dominance

The data collected during a 7-day period ending on March 6, 2017, shows a 0.9 per cent for Nougat 2.4 and 0.4 per cent share for Nougat 7.1, making a grand total of 2.8 per cent of devices running on the latest Android version

It seems Android Nougat is seeing a steady adoption rate as it runs on 2.8 per cent of Android-powered smartphones in the Google OS distribution chart. The data collected during a 7-day period ending on March 6, 2017, shows a 0.9 per cent for Nougat 2.4 and 0.4 per cent share for Nougat 7.1, making a grand total of 2.8 per cent of devices running on the latest Android version, up from 1.2 per cent in February.

The stats also revealed that Android Lollipop is still the undisputed king with version 5.1 taking a lion share of 23.1 per cent, while version 5.0 has a share of 9.4 per cent, making a grand total of 32.5 per cent, a decrease of just 0.4 per cent.

Android Distribution chart

Coming to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the adoption rate is increasing steadily from 30.7 per cent to 31.3 per cent. Other than this, Kitkat is now installed on 20.8 percent of devices, down 1.1 percent, while Jelly Bean now holds a market share of 10.6 per cent.

Ice Cream Sandwich holds a 1.0 per cent share and the oldest running Gingerbread also account 1 percent share as well and if this trend continues then soon we may see the update not included in the Android Distribution chart anymore. 

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News