Skype recently launched a feature by which you can blur the background of your video call. This is extremely helpful during professional environments if your home isn’t looking up to the mark. You can also add other backgrounds. This is a great privacy tool and here is how you can equip and use it.
For Mac, Windows or Linux
- During a call, hover over thevideobutton or click the Moremenu.
- ClickChoose background effect.
- ou can Blur the room you’re in currently, choose an image you previously added, or Add a new image to customize your background effect.
You can choose to set it as the default option by following these steps:
- Click your profile picture.
- ClickSettings then clickAudio & Video.
- Under Choose background effect, you canBlurthe room you’re in currently, choose an image you previously added, orAdda newimageto customize your background effect.
For iPhone & iPad
- During a call, taptheMoremenu
- Switch Blur my background on.
Skype hasn’t yet enabled this feature for Android, but it is in the works currently.