Xiaomi has today announced the rollout of the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta build for its flagship device, the Mi MIX 2, and the budget-centric smartphone, the Redmi 5A. The latest update carries the build number 8.1.18 and it is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The latest build comes loaded with a host of interesting features including major bug fixes and new functions. Being a beta program, the software is not yet fully optimized for the device and users may experience some bugs till a stable version is released. The beta update will not have support for full features for the device. After the beta testing is finished, the brand will roll out the stable version of the Android 8.0 Oreo-based MIUI 9. Here is the full changelog of the latest Beta build:
- New – Optimize local storage to free up space (01-16)
System (Full display devices)
- Optimization – Animation for the Back gesture on full screen devices (01-17)
- Optimization – Full screen gestures as an alternative for screen buttons (01-17)
- Optimization – A separate guide for full screen gestures (01-18)
- Fix – Full screen gestures didn’t work properly after rebooting (01-18)
- Fix – The battery level is incorrect on status bar (01-16)
- Fix – Battery is draining very fast when the device is in idle mode (01-16)
- Fix – The camera interface is not displayed correctly when the language is Arabic (01-16)
- Fix – There are two Security in Accessibility settings (01-16)
- Fix – Line ANR when using Bluetooth headphone for Line calls (01-16)
Post getting Oreo update, users can enjoy different features. To start with, there is a picture-in-picture mode that lets users to two tasks simultaneously. So, for example, one can minimise a YouTube video while sending a text message or writing an email. Google has also introduced Android Vitals, which helps in optimizing battery life, startup time and more. Under system optimizations, the company had made it easier to run faster and smoother.