Xiaomi is now rolling out a stable MIUI 10 OTA to its two-year-old Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. The smartphone was launched in the year 2016 running MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
The update carries V10.0.1.0.OAAMIFH build number and it brings new improvements and features. The update is being rolled out in a phased manner, so it will take some time to reach all the units of Xiaomi Mi 5. The new update weighs around 549MB, so it is advisable to use WiFi network to update with enough battery. The new features include new natural sounds, new gestures, UI for full-screen devices, camera improvements like portrait mode for single camera smartphones and re-design of some system apps.
Here’s the full changelog:
Designed for full screen experience
- All-new full-screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they’re faster, smarter, and more convenient
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage
Natural sound system
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important
Other improvements and optimizations
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too