Few weeks back a case was reported in an Irish forum about Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy SIII catching fire when the user had kept the phone in his car.
Samsung, on its part, while investigated the case has found that the smartphone caught not because of any malfunction in the smartphone which caused the heat but due to exposure of the device to heating in Microwave oven.
The Samsung Tomorrow, the official blog of Samsung cites a report from Fire Investigations UK finding that said, “The phone itself was not responsible for generating the heat that caused the damage.”
The user who originally posted the image of his Samsung Galaxy SIII catching fire has acknowledged the finding of Samsung’s investigation team and has admitted that the smartphone was inappropriately handled when it got wet accidently. He further said to dry up the wet Galaxy SIII someone he knew had placed the device in Microwave in an attempt to catalyze the drying process.
This user had earlier claimed that some part of the Samsung Galaxy SIII had started melting on its own while he was traveling in his car.