This is the first Samsung device to come equipped with a dual-camera setup. The phone sports a combination of 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and 12-megapixel telephoto lens.
After a long gap, Samsung has today announced a new smartphone in its Note series with the launch of Galaxy Note 8 in India. Priced at Rs 67,900, the smartphone will be available from Amazon and Samsung Shop. The phone is available for pre-order and it will start shipping from September 21. The Galaxy Note 8 will be available in Midnight Black and Mapple Gold colour options.
As a part of an introductory offer, the company is offering one-time screen replacement along with wireless charger with the purchase of Galaxy Note 8. Further, DFC Bank credit card holders will get Rs 4,000 cashback on the smartphone. The company has also tied up with Reliance Jio and it is offering up to 448GB of additional data for Jio users.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual rear cameras. This is the first Samsung device to come equipped with a dual-camera setup. The phone sports a combination of 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and 12-megapixel telephoto lens, with both sporting optical image stabilization (OIS). The wide-angle lens comes with aperture f/1.7, 1.4-micron pixel size, 77-degree field of view.
The telephoto lens comes loaded with aperture f/2.4, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. The camera is equipped with different modes including Live focus, food mode, pro mode, panorama and slow motion. For the front, there is an 8-megapixel shooter with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens.
The Galaxy Note 8 features a new S-Pen, which comes with some interesting features like Samsung notes, live message, smart select, Bixby vision, screen off memo + pin to AOD. The S-Pen tip is just 0.7mm and it has 4096 pressure levels. The pen also comes with IP68 protection.
Interestingly, the smartphone comes loaded with Bixby Voice and it is the first Samsung smartphone in India to feature the latest assistant. The Bixby Voice will be available to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ as well. The company says that the Bixby Voice is optimized for Indian accent. The phone also supports Samsung DeX station as well.
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity (2960 x 1440 pixel resolution, 522ppi and 18:5:9 aspect ratio)
- Chipset: 2.3GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- Rear Dual: 12-megapixel wide-angle lens with OIS, aperture f/1.7, 14-micron pixel size, 77-degree field of view / 12-megapixel telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom
- Front: 8-megapixel shooter with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with fast charging on both wired and wireless
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Size: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC, MST and hybrid dual-SIM.
- Additional Features: S-Pen / Always On Display/ IP68 certification/ iris scanner / facial recognition / fingerprint sensor / Knox protection / Bixby voice assistant
For security, the company has added iris scanner, facial recognition and fingerprint sensor, which is situated on the back panel. The device also comes loaded with Knox protection and it is equipped with company’s in-house virtual Assistant Bixby. The device measures 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm and weighs 195g.
You might like this