Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone in September this year in India at Rs 67,900 in two colour options – Maple Gold and Midnight Black in India. Now the Maple Gold variant is available at a discounted price of Rs 64,900 on Amazon India, means that the device has got a price cut of Rs 3,000. However, it is to be noted that the Midnight Black colour variant is still retailing at Rs 67,900 on Amazon.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual rear cameras. This is the first Samsung device to come equipped with a dual-camera setup. The phone sports a combination of 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and 12-megapixel telephoto lens, with both sporting optical image stabilization (OIS). The wide-angle lens comes with aperture f/1.7, 1.4-micron pixel size, 77-degree field of view.
The telephoto lens comes loaded with aperture f/2.4, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. The camera is equipped with different modes including Live focus, food mode, pro mode, panorama and slow motion. For the front, there is an 8-megapixel shooter with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens.
The Galaxy Note 8 features a new S-Pen, which comes with some interesting features like Samsung notes, live message, smart select, Bixby vision, screen off memo + pin to AOD. The S-Pen tip is just 0.7mm and it has 4096 pressure levels. The pen also comes with IP68 protection.
The smartphone comes loaded with Bixby Voice and it is the first Samsung smartphone in India to feature the latest assistant. The Bixby Voice will be available to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ as well. The company says that the Bixby Voice is optimized for Indian accent. The phone also supports Samsung DeX station as well.
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity (2960 x 1440 pixel resolution, 522ppi and 18:5:9 aspect ratio)
- Chipset: 2.3GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB storage (expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card)
- Rear Dual: 12-megapixel wide-angle lens with OIS, aperture f/1.7, 14-micron pixel size, 77-degree field of view / 12-megapixel telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom
- Front: 8-megapixel shooter with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with fast charging on both wired and wireless
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Size: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC, MST and hybrid dual-SIM.
- Additional Features: S-Pen / Always On Display/ IP68 certification/ iris scanner / facial recognition / fingerprint sensor / Knox protection / Bixby voice assistant
You might also like:
For security, the company has added iris scanner, facial recognition and fingerprint sensor, which is situated on the back panel. The device also comes loaded with Knox protection and it is equipped with company’s in-house virtual Assistant Bixby. The device measures 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm and weighs 195g.