Realme has started rolling out the update for Realme UI 2.0 for its Realme X2 Pro smartphone starting today. To recall, the smartphone was launched running Android 9 based ColorOS 6.1 back in year 2019. It later received Android 10-based Realme UI update in April last year.
Realme announced the update for Realme X2 Pro on its official forum. The Android 11 update comes with version RMX1931_11_F.11 for the Realme X2 Pro. Realme says make sure you are on RMX1931EX_11.C.37/ RMX1931EX_11.C.38 to get the update. It brings new features of Android 11.
The update is now being rolled out in a staged manner. It will be randomly pushed to a limited number of users and will have a broader rollout in the coming days after making sure there are no critical bugs.
You can check the availability of the Realme UI update on your Realme X2 Pro by going to the Settings menu. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days, said Realme in the forum post.
The update brings Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 new features like Enhanced Dark Mode, New App Drawer, System Cloner, Quick Return Bubble, Third-party Icon Support, Redesigned Notification Panel, Improved Game Space, Revamped Always-On display and more.
Now three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light. Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
Further, with the update, you can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code. Now you can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
Realme UI 2.0 update: Features
•One can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
•One can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
• Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
• Added “Optimized night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
• Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
•User can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Improved vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimized “Auto brightness”.
•User can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
• Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
[Security and Privacy]
• Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
• You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
• Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.