UPDATE:OnePlus has now confirmed that update forOnePlus 6 series is not released due to a fingerprint bug.The update will resume once it’s fixed.
After rolling out Open Beta 1 to its OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6Tsmartphones, OnePlus has now started rolling out a stable version of Android 10 update to both the smartphones.
OxygenOS 10.0’s rollout for theOnePlus 6and6T has beenannounced via an official OnePlus Forumpost.OnePlus Global Products Operations Manager Manu J has confirmed the Android 10 update for both the smartphones.
This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.
The update is around 1.8GB in size.It brings in new UI and features to the OnePlus 6 series, like new navigation gestures, customisation options and enhanced privacy controls.
Here is the Complete changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvement
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)