OnePlus has released a new OxygenOS Beta 3 update for its flagship device, the OnePlus 5T. The latest Beta update brings a host of interesting features and it also removes the Clipboard function that was accused of sending data to Chinese servers.
To start with the new navigation gesture feature, it is somewhat similar to what we have seen in the Apple iPhone X. However, users can disable this by going to the Settings menu. With this feature, one can swipe up from the middle of the bottom display to go to Home screen. To go back one has to swipe up from the left or right part of the bottom display and if one needs to open multitasking screen, he/she has to swipe up from the middle and hold it.
The update also brings pick-up gesture switcher through which users can choose which way to slide up or down to pick up a call. Apart from this, OnePlus has also added SMS categorization function, which is specially meant for India. It basically auto-sorts the SMS messages into categories.
The brand has finally removed the Clipboard function, which was in limelight a few days back. Multiple reports suggested that there is code that sends usage stats to a server in China. However, OnePlus explained that the code is entirely inactive in the open beta for OxygenOS. Here is a complete changelog of the OxygenOS Beta 3:
- Added pick-up gesture switcher
- You can now choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a phone call
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Removed Clipboard function
- Thanks for your feedback, we removed this feature based on that.
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Added new Navigation gestures that you can enable by going into settings and disabling the nav bar.
- Added SMS categorization function for India only
- This is an India only feature that auto-sorts your SMS messages into categories