The OxygenOS Open Beta 30 update, which brings the popular Face Unlock feature along with some other additions as well.
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has promised that OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones will get the Face Unlock feature pretty soon. Now, the company has rolled out a new beta update for both the devices that bring the latest feature.
The company has started rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 30 update, which brings the popular Face Unlock feature along with some other additions as well. The update is about 223MB in size for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. If you are on the latest Open Beta on your OnePlus 3 and 3T, you should get an OTA update notification soon while if you are on the stable OxygenOS version, you will need to manually flash the Open Beta update which requires you to fully wipe your device.
The latest beta update also brings OnePlus Switch application, which makes it easier for OnePlus users to transfer phone’s data from one OnePlus device to another. Further, the update also brings Airtel VoLTE support to both the devices as well. However, the VoLTE support may not work in some areas. Here is the complete changelog:
- Launcher Updated to v2.3
- Drawer categories
- You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging
- When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
- Dynamic Icon for Clock
- The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Notification dot optimization
- The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
- Launcher usage tips improved
- We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher
- Support for Airtel VoLTE in India
- Face Unlock function added
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore
- We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Airtel VoLTE feature may not work (have coverage) in some areas
- Some third party camera applications may not fully work with this update
You might like this