HomeNewsMan skips out death after the charging cable of his iPhone caused...

Man skips out death after the charging cable of his iPhone caused severe burns to his neck

According to a report by American Burn Association, United States witnessed about 400 electrocution deaths and about 4,400 injuries which are caused by electrical hazards.

Smartphones are not risk-free these days and certainly have the ability to injure or kill a human being if something goes wrong. In one such incident, Wiley Day (32), an Alabama resident went to sleep on March 22nd with his iPhone plugged in for charging just beside him. Before he could wake up conventionally in the morning, the charging cable had entangled around his neck and the power brick which was connected to an extension cord came out loose, hence, causing some severe third-degree burns around his neck. (Source: The Washington Post)

Wiley somehow managed to get rid of the tangled cord and survived after which he was immediately taken to the Hospital where the doctors admitted him for prompt treatment.

The Washington Post read Wiley quoting – “Your body is numb at that point,” he said. “I guess people would think it would be burning, but in my case, I felt a whole lot of pressure around my neck.”

Day kept on yelling Jesus until his relatives which were, fortunately, present on the other side of the house came into the rescue. His niece was quoted saying – “When I came to and figured out what happened, I literally stood straight up, and I said, ‘Oh my God, I think I just got electrocuted.”

“Had I not pulled that necklace off when I did ….- Day said. “I just believe that God spared my life, and that’s what happened.” Day was thankfully discharged from the hospital after three days.

Apparently, electricity which is used to charge our smartphones can easily kill a human being. As per a report by WAAY News, 100 volts of electricity is enough to kill a person. Interestingly, this is only one of the many incidents causing injury or death through electrocution. According to a report by American Burn Association, United States witnessed about 400 electrocution deaths and about 4,400 injuries which are caused by electrical hazards.

Last year, we saw a lot of instances where people faced near death due to smartphone explosion while charging. Further, who can forget what happened with the Galaxy Note 7, last year which has warned every smartphone manufacturer to be responsible enough of how the design and internals are placed inside a smartphone.

Image Courtesy: The Washington Post

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News