The company has started sending out the media invites for the launch event, which is scheduled to take place in New Delhi at 11:30 AM.
LG has confirmed that it will be launching the latest flagship device, the V30+, in India on December 13. The company has started sending out the media invites for the launch event, which is scheduled to take place in New Delhi at 11:30 AM.
To recall, the smartphone was launched along with V30 at the IFA 2017. The major difference between both the devices is on the storage front. The V30 comes with a 64GB storage, while the V30+ is backed by a 128GB storage. Other than this, the specifications remain the same.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual-camera setup. The smartphone features 16-megapixel standard lens with aperture f/1.6, optical image stabilization (OIS), electronic image stabilization (EIS) and hybrid autofocus that combines both Laser Detection Auto Focus and Phase Detection Auto Focus. and 13-megapixel wide-angle lens with aperture f/1.9 and a 120-degree field of view.
The brand has dropped the Second Screen in favour of a floating bar and Always-On Display (AOD). The floating bar can be customized with up to five apps for easy access to the most used applications. For security, the company has added face recognition, voice recognition, which uses a combination of user’s voice and user-defined keywords to unlock the smartphone, and fingerprint sensor. The smartphone is also MIL-STD 810G certified and offers IP68 water and dust resistance.
Talking about key specifications, the smartphone comes loaded with a 6-inch QHD+ P-OLED FullVision display with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and it bears an aspect ratio of 18:9. The device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage option, and it offers up to 2TB of expandable storage.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
LG V30 features a 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by EES Technology’s SABRE ES9218P. The Hi-Fi Quad DAC will come with two new features including digital filters and sound presets. V30 combine its Quad DAC with MQA technology so that the music lovers can enjoy high-resolution audio without the inconvenience of downloading huge files.
The phone will come bundled with B&O Play earphones as well. The phone also comes loaded with Quick Charge 3.0, that the company claims can charges the device from empty to 50 percent in around 30 minutes. The V30+ also offers wireless charging as well.
You might like this