LG has announced the Android Oreo Preview update for its latest V30 smartphone. However, the beta update is only available for users in South Korea.
LG has confirmed that it will roll out the official Android Oreo update in December in South Korea, with the US and countries are expected to receive the latest update soon. V30 users can sign up for the LG OS Preview program by opening the Quick Help app on their smartphone and tapping on the banner inside the app. Once they have applied for it, users will get a beta update and one can send feedback to the company for the same.
Android 8.0 Oreo comes loaded with some pretty interesting features. The update comes loaded with picture-in-picture mode that lets users to two tasks simultaneously. So, for example, one can minimise a YouTube video while sending a text message or writing an email.
Android Oreo has other features like including Background limits, installation of apps via APK, over 60 new emojis, notification dots, Wide-gamut colour for apps, Snoozing individual notification, Adaptive icons, Keyboard navigation, WebView enhancements and much more.
To recall, the smartphone was first unveiled during this year’s IFA 2017 event. The company has also announced V30+ smartphone during the event as well. The V30 with 64GB ROM will come in four colour options: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet 2. The LG V30+ with 128GB of storage will be available in limited markets.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
LG V30 features a 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by EES Technology’s SABRE ES9218P. The Hi-Fi Quad DAC will come with two new features including digital filters and sound presets. V30 combine its Quad DAC with MQA technology so that the music lovers can enjoy high-resolution audio without the inconvenience of downloading huge files.