Reliance Jioâ€™s Chairman, Mukesh Ambani has extended its Welcome Offer to March 31, 2016. Earlier it was expected to expire on 31 December 2016.
Here are the highlights of Mukesh Ambani speech a while ago on Reliance Jio’s Big Plans:
1. In the first three months, Jio has grown faster than facebook, WhatsApp, Skype and has crossed 50 million subscribers.
2. Jio has seen its subscribers using data 25 times more than an average broadband customer.
3. Jio has rolled out eKYC (know your customer) across 2 lakh outlets in India, which is nearly equally to the total number of ATMs in India.
4. Nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio to the networks of its 3 largest competitors were blocked in last three months.
5.Call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20% as of yesterday.
6. Home delivery of Jio SIMs has been launched and it will get activated in 5 minutes through eKYC.
7. Jio will be available in top 100 cities with the eKyc option by 31 December 2016.
8. Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and th Jio applications absolutely free, till 31 March 2017. Jio is calling this the “Jio Happy New Year Offer”.
9. 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily. 1 GB per day is 30 times the average usage on other networks.
10. Jio congratulates Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s bold and historic decision to demonetize old currency. He has given strongest push to of digitally-enabled, optimal-cash economy in India.
11. JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.
12. Jio is working to empower Indian merchants by building a digital retail ecosystem which is being called JioMoney Merchant Solutions. This will enable digital transactions of all types, whether they be at mandis, small shops, restaurants,railway ticket counters, for Bus and mass transit and even for person-to-person money transfers.