Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has today announced that it will bring the much-famous Face Unlock feature to its flagship device, the View 10. The company will roll out the update via HOTA and it will be available for everyone starting from January 24, 2018.
Honor View 10 users can look for the latest update by going to Settings > System > System Update. Once you download the update and install, users need to enrol their face by accessing Face recognition feature in the phone settings menu and then by simply looking at the front-facing camera. Honor View 10 detects the positioning between you and the phone and adjusts the direction accordingly. For example, when you lie down in bed, the screen will rotate automatically so that you can comfortably read any messages.
Further, the latest update Face Unlock feature will not work if the user’s eyes are closed. Apart from this, the update also brings some interesting features. To start with, camera UI now comes with changeable background effects. One can select the effects they want in the background. The fame feature is also available for the front camera. Check out the complete changelog for the latest update:
Closed eye Face Unlock Prevention
- If eyes are closed, it will not unlock the screen
Intelligent Screen On
- While focusing on the screen, it will not turn off.
Change background – Camera
- Click Changeable background, select the effects you want background, then, click to return to the photographing interface, Click to shoot.
- Changeable background function is available only in the front camera. (Front Camera – AR lens)
AI Motion detection
- Front/rear camera – Moving picture enable/disable. If we capture a photo while image is moving, it will capture the complete movement in photo mode.
- In high-powered zoom, Using AI super-resolution algorithm bring detail enhancement, the processor will enhance the resolution.
- Increases snapshot quality.
- Eye comfort settings – Display- enables Eye comfort.
- Use knuckle gestures to take a scrolling screenshot – To take a screenshot of the full screen. Use a knuckle to gently double-tap the screen in quick succession to take a screenshot of the full screen.
- Take a wide aperture photo
- Smart assistance > Scheduled power on/off
- Scan QR code to add a contact