Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has finally unveiled its first bezel-less concept phone, the Honor Magic, in China. The smartphone is priced at 3699 yuan (approx Rs 36,108) will be available starting from today at 8pm (China time). The device will be available from several retailers including Vmall.com, JD.com, Tmall.com and Suning.com. The Honor Mag in Golden Black and Porcelain White colour variant starting from today.
The Honor Magic comes with a 5.09-inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 2560×1440 resolution. The device is powered by company’s in-house is a 2.3GHz octa-core Huawei Kirin 950 processor, which is found in the Honor 8 as well. The phone is backed by a 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
On the camera front, the device sports a 12MP dual lens sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, while for the front, there is an 8-megapixel sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with company new Honor Magic Live UI on top of it. The device is powered by a 2,900mAh battery with company’s latest Huawei Magic Power quick charge technology which the company boasts can charge the device up to 70 per cent in just 20 minutes.
According to Zhao Ming, Head of Honor Business, the Honor Magic relies heavily on artificial intelligence and it know who you are, what you do and what you might want to do. The new smartphone can perform following tasks:
1. Apart from the front fingerprint sensor, the company has also added WiseScreen sensor which scans your face using infrared sensor to double check your identity before unlocking the phone. The display will automatically turn off and the screen will lock when put down or put in a pocket
2. Through the FaceCode intelligent recognition feature, the message displayed on the lock screen will only appear when the phone has verified your identity otherwise it will show a blank screen.
3. The Smart Display feature in Honor Magic proactively retrieves and displays practical information, anticipating users’ need. For example, ordering a cab with Honor Magic will trigger the driver’s license plate number to be displayed on the screen
4. GPS adds additional functionality to calendar and other apps by pull up information like maps, directions, temperature. It can even pop up boarding pass when one reaches airport if online check-in has been done.
5. The smartphone comes with Honor Magic Live system, which basically helps to formulate a range of customized recommendations based on users’ conversations on messaging apps. So, for example, if you are talking about movies with your friends, it will instantly trigger blockbuster recommendations.
6. If it’s dark, the phone will automatically show up a flashlight option. You can decide if you want to turn it on or off.
Honor has also hinted that it will be launching a new smartphone for the Indian market. However, the details about the rumoured smartphone are not known for the moment.