Gionee has today announced to revise its Dead on Arrival (DOA) policy. Earlier in case of any functional Defect in Gionee mobile phone, customers get only 7 days to return its devices, but with this development customers get good 30 Days from the date of purchase to return the defective device. This new policy comes into effect starting 21st February 2017.
Company has listed out few terms and condition for returning defective devices:
1. Functional defect within 30 days of Activation/Proof of purchase (whichever is earlier)
2. Handset box should be supported by original invoice with IMEI details
3. Box, Handset and all original accessories should be available
4. No sign of major scratches, damage, tampering, liquid damage or user defects
5. Defect must be re-produced in service center
6. Customer approaches Authorized Service Center with the defective handset along with Box and all accessories.
The DOA policy will not be considered under the following conditions:
1. In case the defect is not reproduced at SVC Center.
2. Any Software related issues or Issues related to all kind of Accessories.
Moreover, company has also revealed its expansion plans for India, wherein they will expand its exclusive service centers network to 650 by the end of 2017, from currently 460 centers. The service centers offer services for its entire product range under one roof, which includes handling complaints upto L3 level, product demonstrations, customer interactions and face-to-face service for handheld devices. Further, company has also planning to open 35 premium service centers in India in 2017 to ensure immediate service to customers and making sure that the after sales support time comes down from days to just a few minutes. Just few days back Gionee inaugurated its first premium service center in Jaipur.