By: The Mobile Indian network, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi
Last updated : November 07, 2016 5:00 pm
BlackBerry DTEK50 is priced at Rs 21,990, whereas for BlackBerry DTEK60 one has to pay Rs 46,990.
BlackBerry has announced the launch of Android powered BlackBerry DTEK50 and DTEK60 smartphones in India. Both the smartphones have been pitched on the Blackberry legacy of security with their higher encryption levels. While the BlackBerry DTEK50 is priced at Rs 21,990, whereas for BlackBerry DTEK60 one has to pay Rs 46,990. Both the devices will be available soon across India via Optiemus distribution network, the telecom specialist firm.
Optiemus is currently the national distributor for modern trade for Samsung, besides having been a key Nokia distribution partner earlier when Nokia ruled the roost. To that extent, the move by Blackberry to partner with the firm can be interpreted as a renewed push for higher volumes, reach and marketshare.
The BlackBerry DTEK50 was first unveiled in July this year for for $299, while BlackBerry DTEK60 was first unveiled last month at a price of $499.
According to a company, below are the features that make both DTEK50 and DTEK60 the most secure Android smartphones.
1. Rapid Security Patching: BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches, setting the bar in incident response and patch management to protect your device from malicious threats.
2. DTEK by BlackBerry App: Enables users to automatically monitor their OS and apps to know when their privacy could be at risk and to take action to improve it. The DTEK app also tracks applications and notifies you when someone is: taking pictures or videos without your knowledge, turning your microphone on, sending a text message, or accessing your contacts or location.
3. Hardware Root of Trust: BlackBerry's manufacturing process uses a proprietary technique that adds security from the start, allowing for the tracking, verification and provisioning of DTEK50 and DTEK60.
4. Secure Boot Process: Starting with the root of trust, each stage of DTEK50's and DTEK60's secure boot chain must first verify that the next component is fully intact before proceeding, ensuring your device has not been tampered with since the last restart.
5. Android OS hardening: BlackBerry provides additional security patches, improved random number, address space generation and certificate pinning to make it more difficult for attackers to target a device by scrambling application/system memory.
6. FIPS 140-2 Compliant Full Disk Encryption: Protects your private information, like pictures or bank information, from being stolen if you were to lose your phone.
7. Android for Work and Google Play for Work: Allows for fast, simple and secure integration with an enterprise environment as well as easy access to numerous rich business and IT-managed apps.
8. Full Enterprise Mobility Management Support: DTEK60 supports BlackBerry's powerful suite of EMM applications and secure productivity solutions, including: WatchDox by BlackBerry for secure file-sharing, Good Work for business-class email and collaboration tools, Strong Authentication by BlackBerry as a VPN solution, SecuSUITE for Enterprise for secure voice and instant messaging communication, BBM Protected for encrypted messaging and BES12 for secure cross-platform management.
As far as tech specs are concerned, the BlackBerry DTEK50 features a 5.2-Inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080p) IPS display with oleophobic coating to protect against smudges and fingerprints. It is powered by a 1.5GHz octa core Snapdragon 617 processor, which is paired with Adreno 405 GPU, 3GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal storage. If you run out of storage, you can use a micro SD card in its expandable storage slot to increase its memory by up to 2TB. The BlackBerry DTEK50 smartphone runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system and is backed up by a 2610 mAh battery.
The smartphone has a 13-megapixel camera with dual-tone LED Flash on the back, and an 8-megapixel selfie shooter with single LED flash on the front panel. Besides, the DTEK50 offers 4G LTE, Wi-Fi (802.11 ac), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC and also has Convenience key. The handset measures 147Ã—72.5Ã—7.4mm and weighs around 135 grams.
On the other hand, the BlackBerry DTEK60 has Secure Android operating system and a 5.5-inch scratch and smudge resistant display that comes with 2560 x 1440 pixels (Quad HD) resolution. The smartphone comes with an all-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation. It is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996 with 64 bit Quad-Core 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz) processor, which is paired with Adreno 530 624MHz GPU. The BlackBerry DTEK60 is the first ever BlackBerry smartphone to feature a fingerprint sensor.
The BlackBerry DTEK60 comes with 4GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage, which can be further expandable up to 2TB via micro SD card. The smartphone gets its juices from 3000 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium-Ion battery, which claims to offer up to 26 hours talk time and up to 14 days standby time. The battery comes with Quick Charge 3.0 tech. The smartphone comes with USB Type-C port and also has Convenience key.
Besides, it has a 21-megapixel autofocus rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0, Dual tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel fixed focus front-facing camera for selfies and video chats. The camera features include Continuous & touch to focus, face detection, video image stabilisation, 4x digital zoom, Fast focus lock HDR, Panorama, Burst, Live Filters, and Multi-frame Low Light Enhancement. Besides, the smartphone offers 4G LTE, WiFi, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (LE) and EDR, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS, NFC, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient light, and Hall Effect. The handset measures 153.9 mm x 75.4 mm x 7 mm and weighs 165 grams.
BlackBerry Priv will not be updated to Android Oreo, confirms company
Blackberry KEYone is now available for sale in India
BlackBerry KEYone launched in India for Rs 39,990
BlackBerry KEYone set to launch today in India: Here is everything you need to know
BlackBerry KEYone could be launched in India on August 1
BlackBerry KEYone launched with fingerprint sensor, Android Nougat