A 23 year old flight attendant in China, identified as Ma Ailun was electrocuted while answering a call on her Apple iPhone which was put on charging, according to a report.
Meanwhile, California based Apple has announced that it will be thoroughly investigating the case.
An Apple spokesperson was quoted as saying, “We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the … family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.”
As shocking it might sound the devices charge at a nominal voltage of 5 volts which is not enough to even harm a human being but a fault in the charger or a short circuit might have been the reason behind the electrocution. However it is not yet clear as to which charger was being used to charge the device, earlier as well there was a similar case registered but it was later found out that the user was using a different charger to recharge their device.
Apple’s aluminum or metal body becomes the perfect conductor for such incidents if there is a fault or short circuit and the user is likely to get a shock.
In the meanwhile Ma’s sister is urging Apple iPhone users through her blog to not to use the Apple iPhone while charging as what happed to her sister should not happen to anyone else.