Well, it seems 2016 is the year of smartphone explosions and the latest one in the list is again from Samsung. A report from The Winnipeg Sun claims that a 34 year old Amarjit Mann reportedly suffered third degree burns on hands just before his Galaxy S7 burnt into flames.
“This is a nightmare for me, I’ve never seen anything like this. I should’ve lost my eyes, or my cheeks or anything could have happened. I luckily threw it outside. It should have damaged my whole car. I just saw smoke and nothing else.” – Mann told CTV Winnipeg.
“I took it out and had it in my hands and it exploded right away. When you see smoke, I was shocked. You cannot expect this thing. It was like a nightmare,” told Mann.
Thankfully, he had his car window opened and threw the phone outside as soon as he felt a weird degree of warmness from Galaxy S7.
As of now, Mann hasn’t contacted Samsung about the incident so there has been no word from the South Korean giant as of now.
Earlier this month, Samsung’s Galaxy J5 was in the news for catching fire in France where Lamya Bouyirdane was hosting a house party. However, that incident was soon flushed out as a rare case because Galaxy J5 has been in the market for a long time and Lamya’s incident was probably the first one relating to the device.
On the other hand, even iPhone 7 has had its own episode of burning with the latest incident being cited today. A report from Western Sydney, Australia reveals reveals that a pregnant women allegedly got a burn on her arms after she fell asleep on her iPhone 7. Melanie Tan Pelaez was watching movies on her iPhone 7 while it was plugged into the charger and woke up with a severe burn on her arm in the morning.