HomeNewsAndroid Nougat finally crosses 1 per cent mark, Lollipop still triumphs

Android Nougat finally crosses 1 per cent mark, Lollipop still triumphs

It took almost five months for Android Nougat to reach this figure.

Google latest Android Nougat update finally manages to surpass the 1 per cent mark in the Google OS distribution chart. The data collected during a 7-day period ending on February 6, 2017, shows a 0.3 per cent share for Nougat 7.1 and a 0.9 per cent for Nougat 7.0, making a grand total of 1.2 per cent of devices running on the latest Android version.

Android adoption

It took almost five months for Android Nougat to reach this figure. To recall, Google launched the Android Nougat update way back in August last year. The stats also revealed that Android Lollipop is still the undisputed king with version 5.0 taking a 9.8 per cent share, while version 5.1 has a share of 23.1 per cent, making a grand total of 32.9 percent.

See also:Honor V9 bearing dual rear camera setup launching on February 21

Coming to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the adoption rate is increasing steadily and it now accounts 30.7 per cent of the market, an increase of almost 1.1 percent as compared to last month. Other than this, Kitkat is now installed on 21.9 percent of devices, down 0.7 percent, while Jelly Bean is down to 0.3 percent and runs on 11.3 per cent of phones.

Ice Cream Sandwich holds a 1.0 per cent share and the oldest running Gingerbread also account 1 percent share as well and if this trend continues then soon we may see the update not included in the Android Distribution chart anymore.

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News