Now, with early access to Android 9 on the Nokia 6.1 Plus in beta labs, fans can try out a whole new set of features, including App Actions – an exclusive feature to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones.
HMD Global has announced that Android 9 is now available for the Nokia 6.1 Plus via Nokia phones beta labs. The Nokia 6.1 Plus is now the second Nokia phone after the Nokia 7 Plus. The Nokia 7 Plus received a stable Android 9 Pie update last month.
Now, with early access to Android 9 on the Nokia 6.1 Plus in beta labs, fans can try out a whole new set of features, including App Actions – an exclusive feature to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones. App Actions learns more about your daily usage and assists you with your everyday tasks. With Adaptive Battery, Android 9 Pie uses deep learning to understand patterns in phone usage and prioritises battery power for apps that are important to you.
Since it is a beta testing, visit Nokia phones beta labs and register yourself for the update. Once you are registered, you will receive the update via OTP directly on your phone. Then you can download the Android beta version, which will replace the stable software on your phone. Since this is a beta update, it may not function smoothly.
Chief Product Marketing Officer, Juho Sarvikas, said: “To further solidify our leadership and commitment to Android One and fast platform updates for our fans, we are happy to announce that the Nokia 6.1 Plus is the first smartphone globally to offer Android Pie on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform via our Nokia phones beta labs.
“This is our first beta version of Android 9 the Nokia 6.1 Plus for early adopters. Over the coming weeks we will be working together with our fast-growing community of beta testers to ensure uncompromised quality ahead of general release. We welcome all feedback from our fans and thank them for their enthusiasm and passion in testing early versions of the most up-to-date Android.”
The Nokia 6.1 Plus was launched in India in August this year for Rs 15,999. During the Flipkart Big Billion Days sale on which is held from October 10 - October 14, the Nokia 6.1 Plus will be available at Rs 14,999.
It features 5.8-inch Full HD+ display with a screen resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels with 19:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It currently runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. The phone has 3060 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support and 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera and a 16MP front-facing camera.
Key features of Android 9 Pie
- App actions –Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favourite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritise battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Digital Wellbeing features available from Autumn 2018
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
- App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
You might like this