In an interesting turn of events, the alleged video of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 exploding in a store is a fake, as per company’s internal investigation. The brand further highlights that the video was attained from a random WhatsApp group, and has nothing to do with this recent Redmi Note 4 case.
To give you some brief about this case, recently we reported Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 exploded in a shop in Bengaluru and the whole incident was captured on the CCTV used inside the store. A Bengaluru resident took the Redmi Note 4 to a local store for inserting a new SIM. Arjun, the owner of the device, gives the phone to the shop person. However, as soon as the shop person ejects the SIM slot for inserting the SIM card, the phone instantly bursts into flames. The owner bought the smartphone from a Poorvika store in Bengaluru.
We have reached out to Xioami team to connect us with the customer ( Arjun) so what claims made by Xiaomi can be verified. At the time of filing thestory, we haven’t spoken to the customer.
Amidst all the hue and cry about the device explosion, Xiaomi conducted an internal investigation and came out with a conclusion that the purported video is a fake. “The video is not from the aforementioned Poorvika store or any other Poorvika store. On further investigation, we found that the CCTV video was from a retailer in Anamangad, Kerala. Xiaomi India only started selling devices at 3G and Fone 4 stores a few weeks ago in Kerala,” the company said in an official statement.
You might also like this:
“The CCTV video was recorded on a different date, not 1st June (when Arjun bought the phone) or 17th July (when his phone got damaged)…The customer in the video is not Arjun. He has confirmed to Xiaomi that the people in the video do not include or represent him or any of his relatives,” the brand added.
However, the company has admitted that the device was damaged, but the damage was caused due to a faulty third-party charger used by the customer. The brand further clarifies that despite the customer-induced damage, it has replaced the customer’s damaged unit with a new one on Monday, July 24, 2017, and it has advised the customers to only use Xiaomi authorised chargers and accessories. The company says that “customer safety is of utmost importance to us.”