Multiple users have confirmed that they have received the latest Android update.
Samsung has finally rolled out the much-awaited Android 8.0 Oreo update to its latest flagship device, the Galaxy Note 8. Although there is no official confirmation, multiple users have confirmed that they have received the latest Android update.
One user took Reddit to confirm that he has received the stable version of Android 8.0 Oreo. The user says that he has received the update on Exynos version of the Galaxy Note 8 (N950F). The firmware build number for the new update is R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM. One Reddit user has also posted a detailed changelog of the update and you can check it here:
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support
- App-specific long press menus from launcher
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
However, it seems that the latest update is rolling out in stages and it will be soon available in different regions as well. In order to check for the update, users can go to Settings > Software update. To recall, the smartphone was launched in India for Rs 67,990.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual rear cameras. This is the first Samsung device to come equipped with a dual-camera setup. The phone sports a combination of 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and 12-megapixel telephoto lens, with both sporting optical image stabilization (OIS). The wide-angle lens comes with aperture f/1.7, 1.4-micron pixel size, 77-degree field of view.
You might also like this:
The telephoto lens comes loaded with aperture f/2.4, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. The camera is equipped with different modes including Live focus, food mode, pro mode, panorama and slow motion. For the front, there is an 8-megapixel shooter with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens.
You might like this