The V30 will become available to consumers in South Korea starting on September 21 and will be followed by key markets in North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
LG has finally unveiled its true flagship device for the year 2017 with the launch of the V30 smartphone at IFA 2017 in Berlin. The company has also announced V30+ smartphone during the event as well.
The V30 will become available to consumers in South Korea starting on September 21 and will be followed by key markets in North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The V30 with 64GB ROM will come in four colour options: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet 2. The LG V30+ with 128GB of storage will be available in limited markets. Further, LG V30 will receive $100 worth of in-game purchases when downloading and installing the popular game Beat Fever by WRKSHP.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual-camera setup. The smartphone features 16-megapixel standard lens with aperture f/1.6, optical image stabilization (OIS), electronic image stabilization (EIS) and hybrid auto focus that combines both Laser Detection Auto Focus and Phase Detection Auto Focus. and 13-megapixel wide-angle lens with aperture f/1.9 and a 120-degree field of view.
Further, the camera comes with cine video mode along with cine effect and point zoom features. The Point Zoom allows users to zoom in on any subject smoothly using the zoom slider, regardless of its position in the frame. However, the Cine Effect provides a palette of 15 presets to give videos movie-like look, from romantic comedy, summer blockbuster, mystery, thriller and classic movie, among others.
The brand has dropped the Second Screen in favour of a floating bar and Always-On Display (AOD). The floating bar can be customized with up to five apps for easy access to the most used applications. Moving on, the V30 comes equipped with Google Assistant, which comes with unique capabilities specific to the phone. One can say “Ok Google, take a romantic Cine Video” to activate Cine Video preset to Romantic. The device is also Google Daydream VR supported.
For security, the company has added face recognition, voice recognition, which uses a combination of user’s voice and user-defined keywords to unlock the smartphone, and fingerprint sensor. The smartphone is also MIL-STD 810G certified and offers IP68 water and dust resistance.
Talking about key specifications, the smartphone comes loaded with a 6-inch QHD+ P-OLED FullVision display with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and it bears an aspect ratio of 18:9. The device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, while the LG V30+ offers 128GB of storage option, with both of them offering up to 2TB of expandable storage.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging
LG V30 features a 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by EES Technology’s SABRE ES9218P. The Hi-Fi Quad DAC will come with two new features including digital filters and sound presets. V30 combine its Quad DAC with MQA technology so that the music lovers can enjoy high-resolution audio without the inconvenience of downloading huge files.
The phone will come bundled with B&O Play earphones as well. The phone also comes loaded with Quick Charge 3.0, that the company claims can charges the device from empty to 50 percent in around 30 minutes. The V30 also offers wireless charging as well
You might like this