By: Nirupam Manik, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi
Last updated : December 20, 2016 5:46 pm
The report comes straight from a research firm called Apteligent which further claims that the units of Note 7 in existence is just marginally less than that of of Moto Z.
Seems like Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is still not completely dead. As interesting as it may sound, as per the latest report, there are more Galaxy Note 7 units in existence than LG V20 and OnePlus 3T together. The report comes straight from a research firm called Apteligent which further claims that the units of Note 7 in existence is just marginally less than that of of Moto Z. On the other hand, Pixel smartphones and Sony Xperia Z which were launched during the same time as the recall managed to outgun the discontinued Note series flagship in terms of units being used out in the market
Samsung recalled the Galaxy Note 7 over two months ago and yet there are quite a lot of people using possibly one of the most dangerous smartphones ever manufactured. Moreover, last month, Samsung released a statement claiming that it has successfully recalled about 90% of Galaxy Note 7 units which means the remaining 10% are still more than enough for Samsung to worry about. On the other hand, looking at this from a different angle, this might indicate the continuous disappointing sales for LG V20 even though it seems a promising device on paper, not to forget its removable battery and expandable storage capabilities. Whereas OnePlus 3T being just launched is yet to make its mark in the market in terms of sale.
Further, Samsung recently started rolling out an update on the Galaxy Note 7 which would literally make the device useless and discourage the owners to use the device instead return it as soon as possible. Nevertheless, Samsung needs to double up its recall process and dip this figure to as low as possible in the shortest period of time.
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) leaked once again with dual-camera setup
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 confirmed to launch on August 23: Here’s everything you need to know
Samsung Galaxy Note to be unveiled by August end, confirms CEO Gao Dongzhen
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and A7 (2017) spotted again with Android Nougat
Samsung Galaxy C7 (2017) chinese variant with dual rear camera leaks in renders
Did Samsung just reveal the Galaxy Note 8 in a new teaser?