• 22:02 Nov 12, 2019

Advertisement

Realme CEO confirms all Realme smartphones will get RealmeOS update

By: Ajaay Srinivasan, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi Last updated : August 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Realme CEO Madhav Sheth confirmed that the company’s upcoming RealmeOS is currently in the conception phase. While there is only limited information on the matter, Sheth said that “if” Realme-made OS is developed, all Realme smartphones will run it, including Realme 1.
Advertisement

Last month, Realme started recruiting beta testers for an upcoming pre-release software which at that point was called Project X. The company has now disclosed that RealmeOS will be coming to all Realme smartphone up until now.

 

The news comes from Realme CEO Madhav Sheth who spoke to XDA Developers and confirmed that the company’s upcoming RealmeOS is currently in the conception phase. While there is only limited information on the matter, Sheth said that “if” Realme-made OS is developed, all Realme smartphones will run it. 

Advertisement

 

To make things more clear Sheth said “All the devices from Realme 1” will have the upcoming OS. 

 

Another report from IndiaToday points out that RealmeOS will be based on Google’s upcoming Android Q which itself is slated to release later this year. The report also reads that the first RealmeOS-based smartphone could be released by the end of 2019 or early 2020. 

 

Earlier this year, the company filed to trademark RealmeOS in the UK. However, there’s no word what the interface on the RealmeOS will look or feel like or whether it would have similar resemblance to Oppo’s ColorOS. 

You might like this

Tags: RealmeOS Realme Realme 1 RealmeOS development Realme working on RealmeOS

You might like this

Matched Content

 

0 Comments

Login with