Oppo unveiled its first flip foldable phone called Find N2 Flip a while back and today, it unveiled the price of the device in India. With this reveal, Oppo also happens to be the first and only major brand in India who is competing with the Galaxy Z Flip4 and the Find N2 Flip’ price stands right in line with its competitor. However, can it compete with the brand recall value of Samsung which is down to its third iteration of Flip foldable? Let’s take a look.
Oppo Find N2 Flip: India Price, Offers
The Find N2 Flip in India starts at Rs 89,999. It will be available starting March 17, 12AM onwards—at OPPO Stores, Flipkart, and mainline retail outlets. Customers can get it for as low as Rs 79,999 through cashbacks and incentives. As for the launch offers, these include:
- Customers can avail a cashback of up to Rs 5000 and no-cost EMI for up to 9 months on HDFC, ICICI Bank, SBI Cards, Kotak Bank, IDFC First Bank, HDB Financial Services, One Card & Amex.
- Loyal OPPO customers can avail an Exchange + Loyalty Bonus of up to Rs 5000. Customers owning smartphones other than OPPO can avail an exchange offer of up to Rs 2000
- Customers can avail a cashback of up to Rs 5000 on Paper EMI schemes from HDB Finance at authorised dealerships only available under 8|2, 10|3, 12|4, 15|5, 18|6. Apart from this, consumer can also avail affordable EMI solutions. 9|1 or 8|1 or 18|6 schemes available from all leading financers.
Oppo is also offering premium after-sales services for the Find N2 Flip and these include:
- Customers can enjoy worry-free travel with international warranty rights on the Find N2 Flip
- All the issues/queries will be resolved within 24 working hours by a team of dedicated experts through an exclusive hotline
- Free pick up and drop facility available across 13,000+ pin codes with resolution of issues within 72 hrs of the complaint.
- OPPO has introduced EMI for the service/repairs of smartphones. Customers will have the option to decide on EMI instalment and tenure at their convenience.
- OPPO will offer a Reno device as a standby unit at the time of repair in case the customer does not have any other smartphone.
Can Find N2 Flip compete with Galaxy Z Flip4’s brand recall value?
Oppo is being quite ambitious with its launch as for obvious reasons, it think that it has made a better product than its competitors. Of course, that shows in some areas when we compare the specs of the Find N2 Flip with its strongest competition, the Galaxy Z Flip4. The Find N2 Flip not only has a bigger battery than Flip4, but also gets a larger cover screen, lesser evident crease, faster charging and a build quality that is equally impressive if not superior to the Galaxy Z Flip4.
However, when buying a product, the specifications aren’t the only aspect that matter to a consumer. Other things which matter alongside the specifications include the experience of using the product, the trust on the brand and most importantly, the after-sales service.
While Oppo may have figured how to build a product superior to the Galaxy Z Flip4 in terms of specs, we still don’t know what the actual experience of using the product is. This is because it hasn’t gone in enough hands yet so that the issues the product may have, can be figured out. But that remains to be seen once the sale of Find N2 Flip begins and people get their hands on the foldable.
In Samsung’s case, it had the first mover advantage of mass producing three generations of Flip foldables and making those available to people on a larger scale. This has allowed the company to enhance the experience of its flip phone with each generation. For instance, the Galaxy Z Flip3 we reviewed started having hinge related issues after only couple of months of use and with Flip4, the issue has been resolved completely, which we noted in our long-term review of the device. This is only a single instance while Samsung has worked on many others, such as equipping a larger battery in Flip4, to bring its experience of using a foldable up a notch.
The next aspect is trust which Oppo still has to work on because ultimately, it is entering a new category which Samsung is already ruling. With its debut in the foldable category, especially in India which still has a niche audience for foldables, Oppo has to do a lot of work over time because the smaller part of the population which wants such smartphones is sticking to Samsung for now. It will have to build trust and connection with the users so that people start preferring the Find N series over the Z Flip series.
Lastly, it comes down to after-sales service which Oppo already seems to have figured out considering the points we mentioned above. However, for how long Oppo will stick to its commitments and whether they will be able to fulfil it, only time will tell. At a price point close to the Z Flip4, we feel the Find N2 Flip will have to offer something truly incredible to make Samsung users switch to it.