HomeNewsMan suffers 3rd degree burn after Apple iPhone 6 explodes in pocket:...

Man suffers 3rd degree burn after Apple iPhone 6 explodes in pocket: Report

In recent past, many incidents of phone blasts due to overheating have come to light in which users were often criticised for using devices while charging.

In an absolutely shocking incident in New South Wales, Australia, a man reportedly suffered a severe third degree burn when his Apple iPhone 6 exploded in his pocket after he slipped off his cycle.

Apple iPhone 6

Gareth Clear, 36, a mountain cyclist from Bondi was riding around in Manly Dam, New South Wales when he suddenly slipped and landed on his iPhone 6.

“I suddenly saw this incredible plume of smoke, and there was a searing pain that went along with it – as though someone had pushed a huge block of ice against my leg,” Gareth Clear reportedly told the Daily Mail.

To Daily Telegraph, he told, “I am 36, I have had a mobile phone for 18 years of my life and for that thing to explode or short circuit and cause it to temporarily ignite. I could see the metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end.”

“Post explosion, the base of the phone looks like “something from a chemical explosion and the top remains perfectly intact,” the cyclist further added.

He has now been admitted in the hospital for skin graft surgery. Also, Apple has reportedly started investigating the incident.

Well, it is not the first incident when lithium ion batteries in phones have exploded. In recent past, many incidents of phone blasts due to overheating have come to light during which users were often criticised for using devices while charging.

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News