Weeks after adding 8X zoom and ARCore support through a software update, Asus has once again started seeding a new firmware to the Asus 6Z. The latest update brings some stability and quality improvements to the Flip camera with optimisations in SuperNight mode and more.
The update to the Asus 6Z comes in the form of build number 16.1220.1906.167 released on July 22. Asus has shared the release notes of the latest update revealing the new features to the Snapdragon 885-powered smartphone.
Amongst the improvements in the update is the rotation stability of the flip camera, better electronic image stabilisation when recording videos and better texture and reduced noise when using the supernight mode. Asus has also removed the evening colour cast in supernight mode while fixing the mechanism of the flip camera the shooting panorama pictures.
Other features include shortcuts for the Mobile Manager and cleanup inside the Launcher, improvements in power consumption, better call quality and rearrangement to “Retract camera“ option inside quick settings.
The detailed changelog reads:
- Improved Camera Rotation Stability.
- Add Mobile Manager & Cleanup Launcher Shortcut.
- Optimized Camera Quality–EIS Optimized for video recording.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Optimized supernight mode texture and noise reducing.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Removed the evening colour cast in supernight mode.
- Optimized Camera Quality–Fixed the flip mechanism on panorama mode.
- General system & app stability improved.
- Increased touch sound on/off toggle.
- Optimized power consumption.
- Optimized Translation Strings.
- Rearranged the position of “Retract camera” to first page at quick settings.
- Improved Call Quality.
The Asus 6Z is available for a starting price of Rs 31,999 for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage option. The 6GB RAM + 128GB storage and 8GB RAM + 256GB storage models can be purchased for Rs 34,999 and Rs 39,999 respectively.
The Asus 6Z is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor along with Adreno 640 GPU. It features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ NanoEdge display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone features a 48MP primary sensor with f/1.79 aperture and a 13MP secondary sensor with a 125-degree ultra-wide angle lens and f/2.4 aperture, both of which can also be used for selfies and video conferencing. The Asus 6Z is backed up by a massive 5,000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 4.0 and it runs on Android Pie with the company’s Zen UI 6 on top.