HomeNewsSamsung Galaxy Duos burst into flames in man’s pocket, company says third-party...

Samsung Galaxy Duos burst into flames in man’s pocket, company says third-party battery at fault

The incident took place in Indonesia on September 30.

A Samsung Galaxy Duos smartphone recently exploded in a man’s shirt pocket and the whole incident has been captured on CCTV camera. The incident took place in Indonesia on September 30.

The incident was reported by Channel New Asia. According to the report, the incident took place in a hotel known as Hotel Ciputra Semarang and the man has been identified as Yulianto, who is a hotel staff. “There was a strong sensation of heat and I felt something start to shake. Before I knew what was happening there was fire and I panicked. I took off my shirt as quickly as I could,” Yulianto told Daily Mail.

Samsung has confirmed that the device shown in the CCTV video is Galaxy Duos and it went on record to say that the explosion was due to a third-party battery. In a statement to CNET, a Samsung official said, “We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”

You might also like this:

With the competition being tough in the smartphone market, manufacturers want to give more feature to its customer, while the shrinking the thickness of the device. The sleek design makes it a bit difficult for the heat to evenly dissipate, thus leading to overheating issues. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was the most infamous example for this reason.

For the latest tech news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.

RELATED STORIES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News