South Korean handset major, LG is set to launch a top end smartphone in India in December, as per reports.
The handset, LG V30, was released earlier this year and was slated to launch in India in September itself but it didn’t for unknown reasons.
Now a PhoneRadar has claimed that the phone will be launched in December this year citing sources but officially LG has not confirmed anything yet.
As the name suggests, it is the successor to the LG V20 smartphone that was launched in India in December 2016 for whopping Rs 51,990. The V30 is also expected to be priced around Rs 47,000.
The V30 with 64GB ROM comes in four colour options: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet 2. It is remain to be seen whether LG brings its 128 GB model to India or not.
The major highlight of the smartphone is the dual-camera setup. The smartphone features 16-megapixel standard lens with aperture f/1.6, optical image stabilization (OIS), electronic image stabilization (EIS) and hybrid auto focus that combines both Laser Detection Auto Focus and Phase Detection Auto Focus. and 13-megapixel wide-angle lens with aperture f/1.9 and a 120-degree field of view.
Further, the camera comes with cine video mode along with cine effect and point zoom features. The Point Zoom allows users to zoom in on any subject smoothly using the zoom slider, regardless of its position in the frame. However, the Cine Effect provides a palette of 15 presets to give videos movie-like look, from romantic comedy, summer blockbuster, mystery, thriller and classic movie, among others.
The brand has dropped the Second Screen in favour of a floating bar and Always-On Display (AOD). The floating bar can be customized with up to five apps for easy access to the most used applications. Moving on, the V30 comes equipped with Google Assistant, which comes with unique capabilities specific to the phone. One can say “Ok Google, take a romantic Cine Video” to activate Cine Video preset to Romantic. The device is also Google Daydream VR supported.
For security, the company has added face recognition, voice recognition, which uses a combination of user’s voice and user-defined keywords to unlock the smartphone, and fingerprint sensor. The smartphone is also MIL-STD 810G certified and offers IP68 water and dust resistance.
Talking about key specifications, the smartphone comes loaded with a 6-inch QHD+ P-OLED FullVision display with a screen resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels and it bears an aspect ratio of 18:9. The device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, while the LG V30+ offers 128GB of storage option, with both of them offering up to 2TB of expandable storage.
Here are the key specifications of the LG V30:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.0-inch 18:9 QuadHD+ OLED FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 538ppi)
- V30: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- V30+: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 128GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71°) / 13MP Wide Angle (F1.9/ 120°)
- Front: 5MP Wide Angle (F2.2 / 90°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Size: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Network: LTE-A 4 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Aurora Black / Cloud Silver / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Others: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Crystal Clear Lens / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / HDR10 / Daydream / Google Assistant / UX 6.0+ / Voice Recognition / Face Recognition / Fingerprint Sensor / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology / Wireless Charging