Today, Samsung in another attempt to cover up all that has happened pertaining to Note 7 has introduced a new Upgrade Program for Galaxy Note 7 users.
As per the program, users who trade in their Note 7 in exchange of either Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge will be eligible to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S8 which will be launched next year.
However, one has to pay 50 percent of the price of Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge whichever he/she traded his Note 7 for. Not only this, one will also be eligible for a discount of 50 percent on LCD repair costs. This program has just been introduced in South Korea as of now and there has been no information if it will be introduced to other markets as well. For now, this program is up till November 30 and those who have already traded their Note 7 for S7 or S7 Edge are also eligible.
Interestingly, Samsung also said that the users may upgrade to Galaxy Note 8 which apparently indicates that the South Korean handset manufacturer is in no way dropping off the Note series.
Earlier this month, after Samsung had discontinued the Galaxy Note 7, the company started sending out thermally insulated boxes for safe return of its infamous flagship. Additionally, the company also boosted up advertisements for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in order to move on from the Note 7 havoc.
Earlier today, a Samsung spokesperson said that Samsung still hasn’t found the actual cause of Note 7 explosions and is still investigating the issue. Which is why reports came up claiming that Galaxy S8 launch might get delayed due to this thorough investigation. As a result, Samsung will test the S8 for as much time as it can to ensure trouble free performance of S8.
“We recognized that we did not correctly identify the issue the first time and remain committed to finding the root cause. Our top priority remains the safety of our customers and retrieving 100 percent of the Galaxy Note 7 devices in the market.” – Samsung Spokesperson, as reported by GSM Arena.