Talk Time

Service providers and Tariff plans

What to do if a sim card is lost?

Ask a Question Post a Comment
Post a Comment
Answers (10)
My have lost the SIM: You don’t want anyone to find and use it fraudulently. Call your service provider and tell them that you lost your phone. They can block it from being used.
Posted: 23-02-2012 @ 08:17:00
Firstly, you must lodge an FIR in the nearest police station giving details of the incident. Then, take the copy of the FIR to your service provider (i.e. your sim-card’s company). You can go to an outlet authorized by the company. The service provider will lock the sim so that no one else can use the sim issued in your name. In tracking the handset IMEI number is utmost essential. With the help of your IMEI number the service provider tracks the lost/stolen mobile handset and gives you the current location of your handset. The follow-up is taken up by the police authorities. If everything goes the way it should then definitely you will get back your lost/stolen handset!
Posted: 17-02-2012 @ 17:52:10
If you not able to found your sim card then firstly you should go to your nearest police station for F.I.R. After F.I.R you are fearless from the missuse of your sim card by anyone.It is a leagel and neccessary step for every person if anyone lost their sim card. This is first sted if you lost your sim card. After that if you want duplicate sim card of same number then make a call to customer care from any other same company number. Then customer care tells you procedure that how you can get duplicate sim...... Thanx......
Posted: 13-02-2012 @ 19:52:50
First make a call to ur lost sim if u r lucky and if someone got the sim & is using may respond. Else block the sim by contacting cust care and take new sim with same no by paying the fine amt.
Posted: 22-08-2011 @ 12:42:34
You have to follow simple steps: 1.Do FIR in the police station. 2.Go to the related service provider store of your lost sim card. 3.Submit the ID and photograph of the person by which the number had registered and the FIR too. 4.You will recieve your new duplicate sim card hand to hand.
Posted: 22-08-2011 @ 10:07:23
call to customer care and ask to block the SIM card and do the FIR of lost SIM at police station if SIM is missed out. If the SIm has destroyed then no need to fir. after that go to concern provider's store outlet and take the duplicate number
Posted: 08-08-2011 @ 18:30:40
1. Go for FIR in nearest police station 2. Ask the operator to block the SIM 3. Get a duplicate SIM
Posted: 12-06-2011 @ 14:26:07
First of all, goto a nearest Police Station & File a complaint so that it cant be misused. Secondly, call customer care and ask them to block your number, after confirming few details they do that for you. Now, take your Stamped Police Report to the nearest Showroom & get a new Sim by paying the charges with the same number.
Posted: 01-06-2011 @ 14:43:18
go to the company office and say then my sim is lost and give them id proof along with photo on which your sim is registered and they will charge some money for new sim
Posted: 24-05-2011 @ 23:59:53
first block the sim and take another sim with same number with the help of costumer care.............................................
Posted: 24-05-2011 @ 16:34:12