Talk Time


I had lost my new mobile phone buyed on Jan 2011 I want to block it what i must do with out going to police station?

Ask a Question Post a Comment
Post a Comment
Answers (11)
Mobile phones have a IMEI number associated with them which you must note down at some secret location. The point that makes these IMEI numbers very important is that with the help of IMEI number you can impose a ban on your stolen or lost mobile phone. If you have IMEI no of your stolen phone then report it to your local operator to block the device. This makes your network provider to put your phone’s IMEI no in a shared database called as an Equipment Identity Register (EIR) which reduces the threats of theft of handsets by enabling individual operators to prevent the use of stolen handsets in their own network. Now to make the stolen phone inaccessible in other networks (service providers) also, your IMEI no is transferred to Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) which is a database of the IMEI numbers of blacklisted handsets. Once the device number is listed on CEIR, it wouldn’t work with any of the network provider.
Posted: 17-09-2011 @ 04:35:37
Sory Sire, This kind of option is not present in india, because no TeleCommunication company holds right to Block the mobile phone unless and untill you have a Police Complaint filed on the lose of the Mobile Phone.
Posted: 27-06-2011 @ 12:09:01
Nothing.... the only thing that you can do is to know whether your phone supports the remote locking technology and whether i is enables in your phone... Most Samsung phones support this technology... Good luck....
Posted: 21-06-2011 @ 21:53:27
All mobile handsets are assigned unique IMEI numbers and no two mobile handsets share the same IMEI number, even by mistake! You can find your mobile handset’s IMEI number by typing *#06# on your mobile. by blocking this number we can lock or locate our phone
Posted: 21-06-2011 @ 10:15:07
Right you are very intellygent
Posted: 20-06-2011 @ 14:14:56
if you want to block the simcard you must call the customer care services of that sim and request them to block it. You can find out the location of the mobile phone by the help of customer care services.
Posted: 19-06-2011 @ 15:29:46
calling Customer Care
Posted: 19-06-2011 @ 13:59:08
Police complain is must, you have to inform mobile handset company and give them your mobile's IMEI no. and request to block the phone.
Posted: 18-06-2011 @ 10:22:54
give ur mobile imei number on the box of ur mobile to the coresponding mobile care centre and ask them to block it
Posted: 18-06-2011 @ 02:02:43
By block do you mean blocking your sim card? If yes then you can go to your service provider office and ask them to block your sim card. As far as my knowledge is concerned, i dont think anybody will use your sim card if he has stolen your mobile coz you can easily track him through the sim card. And if you are talking about blocking your mobile, there is no way you can block it.
Posted: 17-06-2011 @ 20:31:17
Well my mind says if nothing happened till today, why bother about it. Why do you want to block it now..?? Withour going to police station, you can just call customer care from any phone and ask them to block the sim, they will verify your credentials or visit nearest Showroom of your Telecom operator with iD proof n ask them to block it. Thats all you can do without going to PS. Rather if you need the same number in a new sim you have to go to PS to file a formal compaliint
Posted: 17-06-2011 @ 18:09:39