Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 is such a great tablet on the market so far. It seems that Samsung have taken it upon themselves on literally making a tablet for everyone. With all of the Galaxy Tab variants out there, the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 it seems like systematic attempt by Samsung to put a unique tablet variant in the hands of every living person on the planet.
What you need to prepare:
Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 and a PC
Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data. Guide from here
Make sure your device has at least 75% of phone battery charge.
Download ODIN for windows.
Download rooting file for Galaxy Tab 2, CWM-root-gtab2.zip, and copy those file to extSDcard (open windows explorer and you`ll find it if only Galaxy Tab2 still connect)
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100
Close KIES Application if any.
Now at your Tab, Go to menu > settings > application > development
Check on USB Debugging Option
Turn off the device
Press and Hold Power + Volume [-] buttons until Samsung Galaxy Tab2 boot in to Download Mode
Open ODIN, wait until ODIN detect the device. It`s show with green at GTab2 Port.
click PDA button, find and select recovery.tar.md5
Click Start button and wait until Gtab2 reboot
Take a change when it`s reboot to turn off the device
Remove Samsung galaxy Tab 2 from PC/laptop
Press and hold Power + Volume[+] Buttons and boot in to recovery mode
Optional Step, do backup with select Backup and Restore, it`s took time so be patience
At CWM menu, select Install zip from SDcard
Select Choose Zip from SDcard
Find and select cwm-root-gtab2.zip
Wait until the process is done and reboot
If you find a superuser icon in application mean your root is success.
Posted: 14-04-2013 @ 09:54:18
Rooting can be done in many process. Now I will teach you how to Root your Galaxy Tab 2.....What are needed:
•Your device: Galaxy Tab 2 7 (P 3100)
•Data back-up: Download a free back-up app on the Play store ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.appbackup&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm1vYmkuaW5mb2xpZmUuYXBwYmFja3VwIl0 .)
•Charge your Device: 90-70% of power needed
•Turn on USB Debugging at the Settings>Developer(make sure to turn that on)>check USB Debugging
Download this files:
1. Samsung Kies for your samsung device driver. ( http://www.samsung.com/us/kies /) after installing the driver exit the Kies.
2. Download Clockwork Mod Recovery (choose the correct model number)
*. P3100 – 220.127.116.11: Download
*. P3110 – 18.104.22.168: Download
*. P3113 – 22.214.171.124: Download
3. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from attachment and copy to external sdcard
4. Download Fix-Recovery to eraseinstall-recovery.sh from attachment and copy to external sdcard
5. Download ODIN (the Flasher) here
4. Now Turn your device off .
5. Boot into Download-Mode (Power+Vol Down) and press vol up to continue.
6. Start Odin
7. Choose “GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar” as PDA
8. Connect your Tab
9. Untick Reset Time and Auto Reboot click on start.
10. When it show PASS, remove usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, when Samsung Galaxy Tabscreen appear release power button but keep vol up.
11. This will reboot you in CWM recovery, install from external SDCARD; fix recovery and cwm-root.
12. Now reboot your tab. It should be rooted now.
Posted: 10-04-2013 @ 22:48:42