Talk Time

Extras and Accessories

How to clean a mobile when it is dropped down in water?

Ask a Question Post a Comment
Post a Comment
Users
Answers (23)
hi @ rubina whats ur gmail id or facebook id cuz i want to know so much things about mobiles phones
Posted: 11-04-2012 @ 20:09:49
please call me i will tell +919686004242
Posted: 11-04-2012 @ 20:01:34
Please follow my steps and opinions... It was two times happened to me also.... So I request you to obey me... Steps: (1) IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE BATTERY.
VERY VERY IMPORTANT! 60 seconds later and
it may be too late. The battery is usually the
source of damage, not just the water alone.
Water+Battery = Short Circuits! So REMOVE
the battery! And DONT TEST the cellphone
after it’s been dropped in water! (2) As soon
as possible (preferably within 20-30
minutes). dissassemble the phone using
Torx T6 screwdriver. (Get this off eBay or
service depots, etc) Make an emergency trip
to Sears/RadioShack/ACE/service depot/etc.
(3) Clean/dry as much as you can, using Q-
Tips (4) Dry the electronics components
under a desk lamp on a paper towel for 24
hours. A drop of water may have gone
under chips and components where you
cannot dry, so you need to dry under a
40/60w desk lamp, or 24 hours under a
desk fan pointed down at the disassembled
components. (5) Reassemble the phone (6)
Put back together (7) Only now it’s safe to
put the battery back in. (8) Phone may be
good as new.
Posted: 09-04-2012 @ 12:12:52
It is quite painful to see your mobile phone dropped in water. However, you are not alone, so don’t be too hard on yourself. A friend of mine had same problem with her iPhone 2. She was away in Thailand on vacation and somehow placed a loosely closed plastic bottle of Pepsi in her bag. When she took out the phone it was completely wet. She could do a couple things. First, she could throw away the iPhone and buy a new one, which is expensive. Second, she could look for the nearest phone repair shop. Last, she could try a few easy steps to see if you she could fix the phone herself. Keep in mind that the liquid could be just on the surface. Below are some of the things you might notice when the liquid gets inside of the mobile device. ■Ringing issues ■Power issues ■The screen becomes dull and sometimes you can notice the water on the screen ■Interface irregularities
Posted: 09-04-2012 @ 12:08:38
In the event that a non-waterproof cellphone/PDA/digcam accidentally gets immersed in water, you should follow these steps: (1) IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE BATTERY. VERY VERY IMPORTANT! 60 seconds later and it may be too late. The battery is usually the source of damage, not just the water alone. Water+Battery = Short Circuits! So REMOVE the battery! And DONT TEST the cellphone after it’s been dropped in water! (2) As soon as possible (preferably within 20-30 minutes). dissassemble the phone using Torx T6 screwdriver. (Get this off eBay or service depots, etc) Make an emergency trip to Sears/RadioShack/ACE/service depot/etc. (3) Clean/dry as much as you can, using Q-Tips (4) Dry the electronics components under a desk lamp on a paper towel for 24 hours. A drop of water may have gone under chips and components where you cannot dry, so you need to dry under a 40/60w desk lamp, or 24 hours under a desk fan pointed down at the disassembled components. (5) Reassemble the phone (6) Put back together (7) Only now it’s safe to put the battery back in. (8) Phone may be good as new.
Posted: 05-04-2012 @ 13:33:18
I too had the same problem. I dropped my samsung galaxy s 2 in water, but luckily I saved it from any expenses or repairs. I first opened all possible parts like back panel, battery, sim card, memory card and then kept all of them in a cotton bag and put some packets of SILICON CRYSTALS in it. SILICON CRYSTALS can absorb moisture from anything. You can get them at your nearest hardware store. Good luck, hope your mobile too gets saved
Posted: 02-04-2012 @ 10:18:55
first you remove the battery from the phone and keep it some time in the hot sun.. do it for your cell phone too. then clean the battery and phone with a small bit of cotton so that the water in it gets gone out.. do not wipe it first or your phone will get spoiled... or do not rub it with your hands
Posted: 09-10-2011 @ 13:16:53
first thing you should do is separate your battery sim and all parts you can usually separate like its body and all. then keep it near to some warm surface like near to your gas stove or something lyk dat. Do not rub display or other main parts with cloths or something like that. It can cause internal spreading of water.
Posted: 17-07-2011 @ 22:19:15
firstly clean the outer surface which is in contact with water with dry clothes . secondly don't switch on the phone keep it in sunlight with its back cover open . thirdly use the external torch light (not the phone torch light) to throw light on the mobile screen to see is there is any traces for water droplets if present keep it in sunlight until the droplets disappear and remember keep it with back cover open and open one should expose to sunlight so that the moisture may escape .
Posted: 17-07-2011 @ 19:09:43
When the mobile is dropped in water, make sure you don't make or receive any phone calls till it is completely dry as there are chances of a SHORT CIRCUIT. Open all its parts, like battery, SIM card, memory card and make it dry with the help of the normal HAIR DRYER. You can also use a BLOWER but hair dryer is a better option since you can move it easily. After that keep your mobile on a news paper so that the rest of water is soaked by it. It should work after this if the water has not reached its circuit board.
Posted: 16-07-2011 @ 20:40:30
just put it into the sun light for one complete day then apply a little drier on it. its working
Posted: 16-07-2011 @ 03:27:53
Try not to press any button, soon after the cellphone has fallen into water. Try to remove all removable parts from your mobile including the outer casing, battery, sim card, memory card and keypad. Keep all those under the sun, till everything gets dried completely. After that, assemble everything and switch ON the phone. But, make sure that everything get dried completely.
Posted: 15-07-2011 @ 01:46:35
First remove the the panel of the mobile, then remove the battery and sim card, keep that mobile open whole night, and the next morning you'll be able to your mobile... THANX......
Posted: 14-07-2011 @ 18:57:52
What is the next step that you would take if your expensive mobile phone or iPod gets wet in the rain or your drop it in a wash basin? Such accidents are not very uncommon. Adam Curry once dropped his iPhone in the toilet. Venadium went for a swim while the iPod was still in his pocket. Leo Laporte did something similar to his cell phone. Virgo soaked his iPod when a bottle of Diet Coke fell over his trousers. Since the warranty for most electronics, including cell phones, does not cover water damage, what can you do to revive that wet gadget ? The answer is in your kitchen. Power off the device (if it's not off already) and try to completely cover the iPod or iPhone in a bowl of rice. Rice being a natural desiccant will help absorb the excess moisture. Let it dry for at least 24 hours and DO NOT try to charge the device. If your gadget has a removable battery, dry it separately to speed up the whole drying process (video). This home-remedy is cheap and worth giving a try before you rush to the Apple store for a replacement. Ernesto from WP successfully managed to fix his wet BlackBerry phone after he left the device soaked overnight in a bowl of uncooked rice.
Posted: 14-07-2011 @ 18:26:14
FIRST TAKE OUT THE BATTARY , THEN REMOVE THE SCREWS IF YOU CAN , THEN BLOW HEAT USING BLOWER OR HEATER, IF YOU DONT HAVE BOTH JUST PLACE IT ABOUT 15 CM NEAR TO THE BULB(incandacent), THEN CLEAN IT WITH KEROSINE OR SPIRIT . MAKE SURE THAT THE THE MIC( BOTTOM PART) IS CLEAN FROM WATER OR WET, IF YOU CANT OPEN THE PHONE JUST PLACE IT NEAR THE BULB FOR 6-8 HOURS AT 10-15 CM DISTANCE, ( MAKE SURE THAT BATTERY IS PERFECT ). PUT THE BATTARY THEN SWITCH ON, SURE IT WILL BE ALL RIGHT
Posted: 14-07-2011 @ 18:24:16
First remove phone battery and shake the phone well inorder to get all the water from mobile and if possible remove keypad of you'r mobile and wipe all the water with cotton cloth. And also if possible keep the phone and battery in the sunlight for 15 to 20 minutes inorder to get remaining water out. Then clean the phone with cotton cloth. Then that's it you are done...
Posted: 14-07-2011 @ 09:18:13
After dropped in water quickly remove its battery as you can. Now, You should never open a mobile until you are expert in it.. If you aren't, give it to nearest service centers they will clean you mobile in very low price...If you know how to open your mobile properly then, open it keep the mobile's mother board and other parts(including battery) in sunlight. After 30min. Take a brush and clean that mother board and other parts with thinner or petrol.
Posted: 14-07-2011 @ 09:14:21