By: Nirupam Manik, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi
Last updated : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:35
A woman was watching movies on her iPhone 7 while it was plugged into the charger. She dozed off, only to wake up with a severe burn in the morning.
A report from Western Sydney, Australia reveals that a pregnant women allegedly got a burn on her arms after she fell asleep on her iPhone 7. Melanie Tan Pelaez was watching movies on her iPhone 7 while it was plugged into the charger and woke up with a severe burn on her arm in the morning.
"I went to get dressed and realised my arm was very red, so I then went to the GP and they advised me I needed to go straight to the hospital," she told to news.com.au
"The hospital did a number of tests and told me the mark was a burn from a foreign object and told me to check around my bed to see what could be the cause of the injury." - added Pelaez.
Later on she matched the markings on her arm with the phone and charger and confirmed that the burn was indeed caused by iPhone 7. Pelaez further told that she took her iPhone 7 to Apple Store only to get a denial of the fact that her iPhone caused the burn. However, soon she got a call from a member of the executive team who informed her that her iPhone 7 has now been sent to a senior technician in California for further testing.
Ms Tan Pelaez has also been sent a replacement which she refused to accept as she no longer trusts the device.
She further added - "Apple seems to think the phone isn't to blame as it is designed to shut down, but my injury shows this isn't the case. I'm just lucky because it could have been a lot worse," she said.
"I just want to create awareness to show people how careful you have to be."
It's not the first time that Apple's iPhone 7 has been in the news for burns or explosion. Interestingly, the last time something like this came in the news was from Australia as well.
Image Courtesy: news.com.au