By: Nirupam Manik, The Mobile Indian, New Delhi
Last updated : Monday, November 21, 2016 - 13:49
The company confirmed after a couple of reports of S7 catching fire surfaced over the web.
2016 hasn't been the best year for Samsung even though both Galaxy S7 and Note 7 were incredibly powerful devices. While the former went on pretty smooth, it was the latter who created problems for the South Korean giant. Further, Samsung's Galaxy S7 seems to be safe even after a couple of reports of it getting exploded.
In a statement confirming the same Samsung said, "Samsung stands behind the quality and safety of the Galaxy S7 family. There have been no confirmed cases of internal battery failures with these devices among the more than 10 million devices being used by consumers in the United States; however, we have confirmed a number of instances caused by severe external damage. Until Samsung is able to obtain and examine any device, it is impossible to determine the true cause of any incident."
Not only this, Samsung is even sending pop-up messages to Galaxy S7 users telling them that their device is safe and the company is not recalling the device.
In the recent report from Winnipeg, a user named Amarjit Mann suffered third-degree burns on hands just before his S7 exploded. Mann managed to throw the device out of his car as soon as he saw smoke coming off the device.
Another report was concerning the Galaxy S7 Edge user who reportedly was charging the device via original Samsung charger before it caught fire.
Further, Samsung also confirmed that not even a single Galaxy Note 7 was sold in India after thorough investigation of Galaxy Note 7 emitting smoke on a plane flying from Singapore to Chennai.